- Our Physician
Meet Our Physician
Charles W. Calvert, DO
Dr. Calvert's patient care philosophy is built upon a team approach. He believes the best outcomes result from open communication between the physician and patient with each working toward a common goal.
Dr. Calvert completed his internship in Family Medicine at the Baylor Medical Center at Garland, Garland, Texas in 2006. He completed his Family Medicine Residency at Baylor Medical Center At Garland, in 2008.
Dr. Calvert received his Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine at UNTHSC-Texas college Of Osteopathic Medicine, in Fort Worth, Texas in 2005. He also holds a Bachelors Degree in Biology with Chemistry Concentrations, Magna Cum Laude, at the University of North Texas, in Denton, Texas.
Dr. Calvert is a caring, compassionate physician who treats his patients the way he would want his family to be treated — in a safe, open environment that promotes healing. He practices medicine with caring consideration and integrity.
- Diplomate, American Board of Family Medicine
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, National Healing Corporation, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Instructor Development Course, Army Medical Department Center and School, Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Flight Medical Operations, Distinguished Honor Graduate, United States Army School of Aviation Medicine, Fort Rucker, AL
Honors and Awards
- U.S. Army Achievement Medal, Awarded 4 times
- U.S. Army Commendation Medal
- Southwest Asia Service Medal
- Alpha Chi, National College Honor Scholarship Society
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Texas Osteopathic Medical Association (TOMA)
- Texas Medical Association (TMA)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians (TAFP)
- Dallas County Medical Society
- United Armed Forces Association
Outside the practice, Dr. Calvert devotes his time to Christian fellowship and ministry work. Dr. Calvert is also a sports enthusiast and enjoys spending time with his wife and son and his dogs.